Let’s Geaux Louisiana is a coalition of organizations throughout our state that supports comprehensive statewide legislation to allow companies like Lyft and Uber to operate across Louisiana.
Every day, ridesharing in Louisiana provides safe, affordable, and reliable methods of transportation to both Louisiana residents and the countless visitors that flock to the Bayou State. The benefits of ridesharing include:
- Safety: Studies have shown reductions in DWI’s, sexual assaults, and disorderly conduct arrests in communities where ridesharing companies operate. Drivers undergo rigorous background checks while riders can take advantage of an array of safety features including GPS tracking, a two-way rating system, emergency response lines, and vehicle description.
- Convenience: Ridesharing offers convenient, user-friendly features that allow anyone to access a ride from the touch of their phone.
- Economic Opportunity: Drivers on ridesharing platforms have the opportunity to earn additional and flexible income, while riders can take advantage of affordable transportation methods. Moreover, studies have shown millions of dollars in additional economic activity in communities where ridesharing is active.
- Economic Impact: Lyft passengers generated an additional $750 million to local economies in 2017, while Lyft drivers have earned $1.5 billion for the families and professional ventures. 75% of Lyft passengers get to more bars and restaurants, while 70% go out more often and stay out longer because of Lyft.
Let’s Geaux Louisiana coalition members include:
- One Acadiana
- Louisiana Retailers Association
- Jefferson Parish Chamber of Commerce
- Fresh Junkie Racing
- National Association of Women Law Enforcement Executives
- Upper Lafayette Economic Development Foundation
- Greater Shreveport Chamber of Commerce
- Hampton Inn & Suites – Baton Rouge
- Raising Cane’s River Center
- Natchitoches Chamber of Commerce
- Hammond Downtown Development District
- Gnarly Barley Brewing
As the Voice of the Innovation Economy, TechNet advances public policies and private sector initiatives at the federal, state, and local levels that make the United States the world leader in innovation. We champion policies that foster a climate of innovation and competition, allowing America’s tech industry to flourish. Learn more at TechNet.org.